I still don’t get it why Alyssa Edwards decided to create a completely different show when she already started something with “Alyssa Edwards’ Secret.” Is it contract-related to World of Wonder? I can only speculate.
I thought, why not produce a scripted show that centers around the life of a career gurl, a drag queen, let’s call her… I dunno, something fictional…okay, Miss Vivie (*wink*)… and three of her closest pals… kinda like… Showgirls meets Noting Hill meets Will & Grace meets The Office meets The House of Eliott
meets The Craft. A comedy / adventure / drama / romance / suspense / murder mystery / Thriller show set in the 1980s fictional city of Austin. The show follows her career in the entertainment and fashion business. Shot like a Reality TV but purely scripted.
Series 1 – Episodes
- Miss Thing – Having worked for five long years on minimum wage at a local cabaret designing costumes and doing make-up for resident stars, Miss Vivie, who dreams of becoming a star, decided enough is enough. She convinced two of her closest friends, Bea and Kyle, to leave the small own of Wala-Wala (lol) and move with her to the fabulous city of Austin to try their luck at stardom. Her only living family, her disapproving and stern aunt Dorothy, a spinster, wasn’t so happy.
- Tiny Fish – The trio just arrived in the City of Austin. Aunt Dorothy’s old high school friend, Bruno, agreed to provide accommodation for a month until they are all settled…
- Small Pickings -
- Serving Fish -
- And Then There Where Four - Tom, the burly Englishman.
- Broken Stilettos -
- Broadway Drive -
- Knock, Knock, Knock -
- Nerves -
- Curtain Call -
- She’s Sick -
- The Englishman – the three friends from Wala-wala split.
Series 2 – Episodes
- Homecoming - Aunt Dorothy dies.
- The Emporium – Miss Vivie is offered a lead role. Of course, not everyone is happy.
- Equality -
- It’s Showtime – Miss Vivie falls.
- Big Ben -
- Tragedy – Kyle dies in a dubious accident. Friends reunited.
- The Plan -
- Caricature -
- The Agent -
- Marbles -
- The Gig 1 – Viva Las Vegas.
- The Gig 2 - Viva Las Vegas.
More later … gotta eat.