Here’s a little compilation of things I think about when I use Twitter.
Though, I was motivated to put this preachy list up because I didn’t like what I’ve seen lately on Twitter … celebrities with millions of followers belittling a regular folk who expressed their opinion. Any public figure who stoop so low and be all bitchy at an ordinary folk is a bastard. They’re basically bullies … directing potentially a huge number of people to attack another person. That’s abuse of popularity.
- Target your audience by using the right account of your subject(s). Plain text won’t get your tweet anywhere.
- Incorporating your subject(s) in a tweet can get really noisy. Make a call if it’s too annoying or not, use # instead of @.
- Be honest, but don’t pretend … unless you’re in drag, live the fantasy.
- Always retweet & favorite Tweets from your favorite Tweeps, never ask questions … just skip. #commit2theTweep
- Ok, Twitter catalogs pics you retweet or quote, so unless you are okay with porn overrun …Favorite is enough to show support.
- Nobody is a #socialmedia marketing expert! Tweet your thoughts. If you want attention, go to Facebook.
- Your tweet don’t have to make any sense, like… do dreams make any sense all the time? NO.
- NEVER disclose any personal information on social media, unless you’re stupid. What? Nothing to hide? Yeah, you’re stupid.
- Instead of quoting people all the time… try live life and quote yourself from your own experience. How about that?
- Credibility is still key, even if your account is fake.
- Never #bully or fight anyone in #socialmedia, especially if u have millions of followers. Take the higher moral ground.
- Be yourself, but not too much (sometimes).
- You can always delete your Tweets.
- Tweet for you, not for them.
- Follow trade? Who does that? Follow someone because you are interested of their opinion (or are actually stalking), lol.
- Give your followers some attention too.
- Take tweet for what it is, flirting. Harmless fun. It warms the blood. Yes, be realistic.
- Don’t be so preachy … like this series of tweets. Christ. Enough!