World of Wonder Launches Subscription Streaming Service WOW Presents Plus, Debuts New Original Shows
WOW Presents Plus offers:
- Brand new, original series with Drag Race breakout stars including Valentina, Bob the Drag Queen and Detox.
- Programs from other emerging and established talent including AB Soto, the Sugarpill team, groundbreaking designer Marco Marco, and more.
- Curated programming from the company’s two decade, award-winning library of films, TV shows and live events.
World of Wonder, the creators of Emmy award-winning RuPaul’s Drag Race and Out of Iraq, Million Dollar Listing franchise, and HBO’s Mapplethorpe, announces WOW Presents Plus, a new subscription streaming service offering the best of pop culture, drag and LGBT programming.
(LOS ANGELES) – Nov. 6, 2017 – World of Wonder, the creators of Emmy award-winning RuPaul’s Drag Race and Out of Iraq, Million Dollar Listing franchise, and HBO’s Mapplethorpe, announces its new subscription streaming service, WOW Presents Plus. The ad-free service is available today at wow-presents.com and on iOS, Apple TV, Roku, and Android for $3.99 per month or $39.99 per year.
The premium streaming service will curate programming from the company’s acclaimed library of films, TV shows and live events, as well as new original series exclusive to WOW Presents Plus. The lineup, which features fresh weekly shows from established and emerging talent, provocative documentaries, award-winning specials, and more, will continue to expand upon World of Wonder’s more than two decade-long commitment to introducing audiences to new worlds, talent and ideas that are shaping culture.
“For more than 20 years, World of Wonder has created programming and experiences that give a voice to the outsiders and the marginalized,” says Randy Barbato/Fenton Bailey, co-founder or World of Wonder. “As the marginal moves into the mainstream, the time has come for us to curate a platform for our audience with content fans will devour, featuring stars that deserve to be on television round-the-clock.”
“As early adopters in digital, World of Wonder’s primary goal was, and continues to be, to reach our audiences where they are,” explains World of Wonder co-founder Randy Barbato/Fenton Bailey. “Our owned and operated digital platforms have earned millions of fans by creating disruptive content for a new tribe of viewers. WOW Presents Plus is the next step in our ongoing mission to offer fans a 360-degree experience across live events, linear and digital programming.”
WOW Presents Plus programming highlights include:
- Exclusive, original series:
- Bobbin’ Around with Bob the Drag Queen
Since winning season 8 of RuPaul’s Drag Race, Bob the Drag Queen has been traveling the world with her bubbly assistant Luis. WOW Presents Plus brings you on their adventures, from where to find the spiciest meat in Brazil to how to find the hottest trade in Australia.
- Marco Marco’s Models
One of L.A.’s hottest designers, Marco Marco, is known for featuring a wide variety of models in his fashion shows. They include drag queens, trans men & women, and gender nonconforming individuals with bodies of all shapes and sizes. Each episode follows one of Marco’s models during an underwear photoshoot as they share their passion for their work and love of the fashion world.
- Move Your Body with AB Soto
AB Soto, the genderfluid, Latin dancer and producer, has a fiery passion for choreography and he wants to share his moves with you! Join AB and his two dancers as they teach you the easy steps to popular hits by RuPaul, such as “Call Me Mother” and their infamous “Cha Cha Bitch” collaboration.
- The Sugarpill Show
Step into the colorful world of Sugarpill Cosmetics, the brightest supernova in the makeup universe! Their vibrant pigments and dazzling palettes are coveted by celebrities, drag queens, and even Hello Kitty! The Sugarpill Show follows founder Amy Doan and her Sugarpill team as they take you behind the scenes for the launch of their sparkly new products and show you the best tips and tricks to make up your mug!
- House of Avalon
Small town meets big city on House of Avalon. Follow four party-throwing gay provocateurs transplanted from their hometown of Little Rock, Arkansas to the glitter and glam of Hollywood. Living together for the first time, the four roomies spend their days (and nights) creating costumes for their club kid family, building their fashion business, and struggling with real-life challenges such as dating and coming out to parents.
- Cool Mom with Jinkx Monsoon
Jinkx (RuPaul’s Drag Race season 5 winner) is on a mission to spend more quality time with her 29 year old gay son. Watch this quirky mother-son duo cover topics such as hooking up, internet slang and smoking marijuana.
- Sip with Chris
Chris Crocker burst onto the scene in 2007 with his plea to “Leave Britney Alone!” A decade after his infamous viral video, the sparkly Southern boy continues to make his mark on pop culture with his hilarious viral videos. Come along and stir the Crocker Pot with Chris as he shares outrageous stories from his life in rural Tennessee, talks current events and discusses the latest celebrity scandals… which just might involve Britney Spears!
- La Vida de Valentina
Growing up fascinated by telenovelas, Valentina has always been a little bit extra when it comes to livin La Vida. Winner of Miss Congeniality from RuPaul’s Drag Race season 9, Valentina’s lovable personality shines through as she shares intimate details about her life. She’ll take you through her first kiss, her fear of driving, and more – all told in the style of a telenovela.
- Provocative, award-winning documentaries and unscripted series, including:
- Becoming Chaz, the Sundance Film Festival film that documents Chaz Bono’s emotional and physical gender transition.
- Died on the Fourth of July, a film documenting NYC’s East Village in the 80’s and the celebrated video archivist Nelson Sullivan.
- Out of Iraq, the Emmy award-winning story of two Iraqi men that meet in the middle of war-torn Ramadi in 2004 and must flee or face an honor killing when they fall in love.
- The Last Beekeeper, the Emmy-Award winning documentary that follows the lives of three commercial beekeepers over the course of one year as they struggle with Colony Collapse Disorder.
- Girls Who Like Boys Who Like Boys, the unscripted series that explores the emotional and social tensions that frame the relationships of four couples.
- For the Love of… Hosted by Jon Ronson, follows Jon Ronson, author and journalist for The Guardian and Time Out, as he meets with ordinary people who have extraordinary hobbies and beliefs. Are alien abductions real? Was the moon landing a hoax? Tune in to find out.
- A strong slate of indigenous documentaries, including Miss Navajo, Red Lake and Grab.
- Early access to new content and a “best of” compilation of the most popular programs from World of Wonder’s YouTube channel, WOW Presents (825,000+ subscribers), including the Emmy-nominated RuPaul’s Drag Race: Untucked, Fashion Photo RuView, and Lemme Pick You Up.
World of Wonder’s owned and operated digital and social footprint continues to experience rapid growth through the company’s ongoing investment in multi-platform content, more than doubling its YouTube subscribers year over year, increasing its instagram following by 50% this year, and reaching nearly 500,000 page views each month on its WOW Report blog. The company currently clocks four million views per week on its YouTube channel WOW Presents, which produces a slate of original shows including RuPaul’s Drag Race: Untucked. The series received an Outstanding Unstructured Reality Emmy nomination this year, breaking new ground as the only digital program nominated in a category among all TV shows.
WOW Presents Plus will include a free trial subscription for 30 days upon signup. To learn more and subscribe, visit wow-presents.com.
About World of Wonder:
Award-winning production company World of Wonder is behind entertaining and critically acclaimed hit series including the Emmy® Award winning RuPaul’s Drag Race (VH1/Logo), which received a groundbreaking seven 2017 Emmy® nominations, Million Dollar Listing LA & NY (Bravo), Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce (Fuse), and Gender Revolution: A Journey with Katie Couric (National Geographic). World of Wonder has also created award-winning films and documentaries such as Mapplethorpe: Look at the Pictures, Menendez: Blood Brothers, Inside Deep Throat, The Eyes of Tammy Faye, I Am Britney Jean, In Vogue: The Editor’s Eye, Carrie Fisher’s Wishful Drinking, Monica in Black and White, The Last Beekeeper, which won an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Nature Programming and Out of Iraq, which won an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Special Class Special. Seven of their films have premiered at the Sundance Film festival including Becoming Chaz and Party Monster, the documentary and feature film starring Macaulay Culkin. World of Wonder has created a substantial digital footprint with its YouTube channel WOWPresents, along with an award-winning blog, The WOW Report. Co-founders Randy Barbato and Fenton Bailey authored The World According to Wonder, celebrating 21 years of production, which can be found online at http://worldofwonder.net/. Randy and Fenton were honored with the IDA Pioneer Award in December 2014, celebrating exceptional achievement, leadership, and vision in the nonfiction and documentary community.