(TIME) — Here’s what the Disney-Fox merger means for all your favorite Marvel superheroes.
Disney could incorporate Wolverine and the Fantastic Four into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, or reboot the franchises entirely.
The path to the X-Men joining the Marvel cinematic universe just got a lot clearer. Disney CEO Bob Iger said in an interview that it “makes sense” for the the Marvel Cinematic Universe to absorb the X-Men franchise. “There shouldn’t be two Marvels,” he added. And Anthony and Joe Russo, stalwart directors in the Avengers universe, recently said they are certain that Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige “is going to incorporate those characters under the large Marvel umbrella.”
Here's a list of expectations from TIME:
– X-Men Might Get Rebooted
– We Could Finally Get a Decent Fantastic Four Movie
– Marvel Now Has Access to Some Great Villains
– The X-Men and Avengers Could Face Off
– Deadpool’s Fate Is Unclear
– Genre-Bending Movies Like Logan Could Be a Thing of the Past
– More Marvel TV Shows Are Headed Your Way
Are you overwhelmed yet?