Pride Davie Village Promenade
This year’s Pride will include the inaugural Davie Village Promenade which will be a family-friendly pedestrianized gathering space including temporary patios at many of the restaurants and interactive art pieces.
To allow for the Promenade to take place, Davie Street will be closed between Thurlow and Jervis Street from noon on Friday, August 2 to 4am on Monday, August 4.
Closures to facilitate the 2019 Pride Parade will include:
7am – approximately 3:30pm:
– Thurlow St from West Georgia to Nelson St
– Alberni St from Bute to Burrard St
– Robson St from Denman to Burrard St
– Denman St from West Georgia St to Beach Ave
– Beach Ave/Pacific St from Denman to Thurlow St
Local traffic access points:
– Exit West End via Nelson, Comox, Thurlow, Harwood, or Burnaby St
– Enter West End via Harwood, Burnaby, or Davie St (up to Thurlow St due to Pride Davie Village Promenade)
Planning your Pride Weekend? Not sure which streets will be impacted by road closures? Learn more here!
View a list and map of road closures over Pride Weekend so you can plan your weekend.
– Davie Street will be closed between Thurlow and Jervis starting Friday, August 2 at noon until Sunday at midnight (local traffic only from Jervis to Denman)
– Transit on Davie is rerouted to Bus #5 West of Burrard Street